- Dual enrollment through MCC-Longview allows students to take classes at Metropolitan Community College while earning high school credit at the same time.
- Courses are taught by college instructors.
- Courses are offered in the following Career Pathways: Business, Criminal Justice, Education, and Hospitality. Students can also work on completing general education degree requirements that can be applied towards associate and bachelor's degrees.
- Students are able to seamlessly transfer credit to MCC and other colleges and universities.
- CORE 42 and MOTransfer guarantees the transfer of credit to any two-and-four-year Missouri public institution of higher education.
Gain Access to MCC Resources
- As an Early College Program student, you will have full student privileges at MCC including advising, tutoring, libraries, student services and other programs.
- FREE tutoring services in all subject areas and a writing studio are provided on campus for students.
- LSR7 provides an on-campus coordinator to support and assist students and act as a liaison between MCC and LSR7.
Early College Program Benefits
- Get a head start on your degree, lighten the load, and/or make room for internships and study abroad.
- Ease into college with support
- Save money on college costs
- Gain access to MCC resources
- Receive a quality education
- Continued access to high school and other career programs
- Participate in high school sports and activities (MSHSAA)
- Flexible course schedule can accommodate work schedules, internships, community service.
- MCC dual enrollment reduces college tuition costs for high school students. The tuition cost for an Early College Program student is $60.50 per credit hour. (Regular tuition rate is $121 per credit hour)
- Qualifying students receive free tuition and textbooks, funded by Lee’s Summit R-7 during fall and spring semesters.
- Transportation from your high school to the MCC - Longview Campus is provided (fall & spring semesters only) by the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District, with students also having the opportunity to provide their own transportation if they prefer.
Students can enroll in 3 -15 college credit hours per semester. The schedule allows students the flexibility to stay at their high school campus part-time or participate in another off-campus program. Courses are offered on campus during the school day and evening, and online. A student's graduation status may allow the student to attend MCC - LV full-time their senior year.
2 ECP Classes + 4 High School Classes
3 ECP Classes + 3 High School Classes
ECP + R7 Online
ECP + High school + Cooperative Career Experience
High School Classes + ECP Online/Evening Classes
All Day ECP